Clan Chiefs were the rulers or chieftains of goblin tribes, villages, and cities. They had ultimate authority, and sometimes formed councils in larger settlements, such as the Goblin Nations and the city of Hive.
The Clan Chiefs of the Goblin Nations
The clan chiefs of the goblin nations met in the Great Clan-Hut. Under Hemtuft Battleaxe's influence, they supplied citizens of the Goblin Nations to Hemuel Spume for use as slaves in the Foundry Glades. The conflict ended in the War for the Free Glades Eventually, his people, especially the Friends of the Harvest rose up against them and the clan chiefs were overthrown in the Battle of the Barley Fields.
The Clan Chiefs of Hive
When the Clan Chiefs of Hive began the war with Great Glade, forcing many citizens to join the Hive Militia and fight in the gruesome Battle of the Midwood Marshes and introducing harsh punishments such as barrelling, they were overthrown and replaced with the democratic Council of Hive.
Notable Clan Chiefs
Clan Chiefs of Isolated Villages
Clan Chiefs of the Four Lakes
Clan Chiefs of the Goblin Nations
- Hemtuft Battleaxe (High Clan Chief and Chief of the Long-Haired Goblin clan)
- Rootrott Underbiter (Chief of the Tusked Goblin clan)
- Lytugg (Chief of the Furrow-Browed Goblin clan)
- Meegmewl the Grey (Chief of the Lop-Eared Goblin clan)
- Grossmother Nectarsweet the Second (Chief of the Symbite Goblin clan)