- "Why, Nate? Why descend the Edge when you could stay here with me?"
- —Eudoxia Prade
Role in The Immortals
Eudoxia met Nate Quarter and Slip at her family's mansion in New Lake while she tended to his prowlgrin, Tallix. Nate first mistook her for a kitchen maid. He met her again when her then-boyfriend, Branxford Drew, hit him with his phraxlighter.
Eudoxia and her friends ventured to the city of Hive, seeking out her missing father. They started aboard Squall Razortooth's sky ship, the Gladedancer, but were forced to travel through the Deepwoods after being shot down by the Phraxmarine. Arriving at the Midwood Decks, the band of heroes took the Old Glory the rest of the way to their destination.
After she and Nate found her father imprisoned by the Gyle Goblins of Hive, they were forced to pose as members of the Hive Militia to help him escape; however, they ended up being dragged into the Battle of the Midwood Marshes, where Eudoxia was critically wounded by a leadwood bullet. Nate brought her to Riverrise, where, with the healing waters of the Riverrise spring, he was able to save her from death in time. Later after they had journeyed to the ruins of Undertown, Eudoxia stayed behind to help rebuild the city, while Nate, with whom she had now fallen in love, descended the cliff-face perhaps never to be seen again.
Role in the Cade Saga
Nate Quarter descended three short times. He came back to Eudoxia each time. It is unknown whether she returned the sword miniature to him. After an unspecified return, Nate married Eudoxia. While Nate was on his fourth descent, Eudoxia left Sanctaphrax to meet with Thadeus Quarter; on this trip, she gifted him Nate's copper spyglass. Soon after Nate's return from the fourth descent, which lasted many many years, Eudoxia left Sanctaphrax again. This time, her destination was the Farrow Ridges.
- "My father taught me to take care of myself. I'm a crack shot with a phraxpistol."
- —Eudoxia Prade
Eudoxia was adventurous and beautiful, but also forthright and humorous. She was well-educated, intelligent and curious about everything which led her to have many long talks and discussions with the Professor during their journey through the Deepwoods.
- The name 'Eudoxia' is derived from ancient Greek, meaning "she whose deeds are good".
- ↑ The Immortals, Chapter 101
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Immortals, Chapter 22
- ↑ The Immortals, Chapter 27
- ↑ The Immortals, Chapter 32
- ↑ The Immortals, Chapter 33
- ↑ The Immortals, Chapter 38
- ↑ The Immortals, Chapter 36
- ↑ The Immortals, Chapter 46
- ↑ The Immortals, Chapter 40
- ↑ Chris Riddell's Instagram, 9/6/18
- ↑ The Immortals, Chapter 41